My passion for bread baking and all things #realbread have had the nice side effect of getting lovely bread related gifts for birthdays and for Christmas. Over the years, I’ve received many great gifts – some educational, some decorative, some unusual, unique and quirky. If you are looking for Christmas gift ideas for the bread baker in your life, this guide to the best gifts for bread bakers and bread baking should be helpful. There are lots of bread making gifts to choose from and here are my top gift ideas for bread bakers.
1. Bread making books
Bread making books are brilliantly inspirational and educational gifts for bread bakers of all levels. Here are my top picks and all-time favourite bread books which have been with me all the way.
- Slow Dough Real Bread: Bakers’ Secrets for Making Amazing Long-Rise Loaves at Home
- Bread Matters: Why and How to Make Your Own – the best bread baking book I own
- The Homemade Loaf: The Best European and Artisan Recipes for Homemade Bread
- Do Sourdough – Slow Bread for Busy Lives
- Tartine Bread
- Crust: From Sourdough, Spelt and Rye Bread to Ciabatta, Bagels and Brioche
- The Art of Mindful Baking
- Modernist Bread: The Art and Science
2. Clever bread making tools
These bread making gifts are for bakers who are looking to up their bread baking game.
- A brilliant bread baking tool – the Lékué silicone bread making bowl, reviewed here.
- One bread baking accessory I cannot recommend highly enough is the La Cloche baking dome, a stoneware baking set with a base and domed lid. Baking with the La Cloche dome will do wonders for the aesthetics of bread loaves, delivering brilliantly crisp crusts and a soft, evenly baked crumb.
- For those of us with cold kitchens which make proofing bread loaves, and sourdough loaves specifically, a lengthy and sometimes difficult process. Let me introduce the Brod and Taylor Folding Bread Proofer which doubles up as yoghurt maker and slow cooker.
- Finally, for the keen pizza bakers and outdoor cooking enthusiasts in your life, take a look at