I love the taste buckwheat flour adds to baked goods. If you are in need of a quick buckwheat flavour fix, I’ve got a great buckwheat crackers recipe idea for you – a fantastic way of making quick crispbreads for when you need that savoury snack.
Buckwheat crackers recipe
Buckwheat crackers ingredients
- 120 g whole-wheat flour
- 90 g unbleached all-purpose flour
- 90 g buckwheat flour
- 15 g sesame seeds
- 4 g salt
- 40 g extra virgin olive oil or rapeseed oil
- 120 g water as needed
How to make buckwheat crackers
- Preheat the oven to 180°C with two racks positioned inside and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and form a dough. Ensure the dough is nice and smooth, not too runny and not too firm. Add a little more water if it's not very elastic.
- Knead for a few minutes.
- Lightly dust your work surface, and roll out the dough.
- Cut into desired shapes -- squares or cookie-cutter shapes -- and place on the baking sheet, close together but not touching.
- Bake for around 20 minutes until lightly browned, switching the sheet trays halfway through from front to back and top to middle.
- Cool on a wire rack.
These crackers are delicious with cheeses and pickles or smoked fish and cottage cheese.
For more buckwheat inspiration, head over here for my buckwheat bread recipe or give this buckwheat pancake recipe a go for your next weekend breakfast. Galettes de sarrasin and buckwheat muffins provide great brunch options too.