Halloween is a great time for baking. I try to do something new every year and here are some fun Halloween baking ideas and recipes I’ve collected.
Fun Halloween baking ideas & recipes
From fun ghoulish breadsticks to the traditional Irish barmbrack and a decadent chocolate orange cake, here are some creative Halloween recipe ideas for you to try.
- Chocolate pumpkin cut out cookies – decorated with royal icing to create a fun mummy effect.
- Savoury pumpkin rosemary bread – a deliciously moist bread with a lot of structure and bite and a crisp and toasty crust. The bread has a mild pumpkin flavor with a hint of rosemary.
- Ghoulish breadsticks – one of my favourite Halloween snack ideas, how brilliant are these almond fingernails!
- Irish Halloween barmbrack – a sweet bread leavened with yeast, enriched with milk and butter, infused with cinnamon and nutmeg. Bake in traditional Halloween tokens for added suspense.
- Orange pumpkin face cookies – fun biscuits to give to trick or treaters.
- Halloween chocolate orange cake – stylish and delicious, ideal for Halloween dinner parties.
- Goblin flatbreads – use homemade pizza dough to make a great accompaniment to Halloween cheese boards.
- Fruity caramel baked apples – good old baked apples with brandy or whisky cream for a tasty touch.
There are also some cool Halloween baking tools you can work with. I’m a big fan of Lékué products and have invested in two of their signature silicone moulds: a 3D pumpkin form and Halloween themed skull, bat, pumpkin and ghost mini shapes.
I’ve baked Halloween cornbreads in these smaller moulds. Controversial, I know, but I love a savoury bake.
Finally, a quick mention of this Le Creuset’s volcanic orange petite pumpkin casserole dish, how cute!