Halloween is a great time for baking. I try to do something new every year and here are some fun Halloween bread ideas and recipes for Halloween baking I’ve tried and tested over the years.
Fun Halloween baking ideas & recipes
From fun ghoulish breadsticks to the traditional Irish barmbrack and a decadent chocolate orange cake, here are some creative Halloween recipe ideas for you to try.
- Chocolate pumpkin cut out cookies – decorated with royal icing to create a fun mummy effect.
- Savoury pumpkin rosemary bread – a deliciously moist bread with a lot of structure and bite and a crisp and toasty crust. The bread has a mild pumpkin flavour with a hint of rosemary.
- Ghoulish breadsticks – one of my favourite Halloween snack ideas, how brilliant are these almond fingernails!
- Irish Halloween barmbrack – a moist fruit loaf, which is packed with flavour from mixed spice and dried fruit. Bake in traditional Halloween tokens (for example, a ring) for added suspense.
- Orange pumpkin face cookies – fun biscuits to give to trick or treaters.
- Halloween chocolate orange cake – stylish and delicious, ideal for Halloween dinner parties.
- Fruity caramel baked apples – good old baked apples with caramel cream for a tasty touch.
There are also some cool Halloween baking tools you can work with, and I particularly like working with 3D silicone Halloween baking moulds, Halloween cookie cutters and Halloween themed cupcake liners and decorations. Lots of options to choose from including pumpkins, mini skulls, ghosts and much more.