Halloween is a great time for baking. I try to do something new every year and here are some fun Halloween bread ideas and recipes for Halloween baking I’ve tried and tested over the years.
Fun Halloween baking ideas & recipes
From fun ghoulish breadsticks to the traditional Irish barmbrack and a decadent chocolate orange cake, here are some creative Halloween recipe ideas for you to try.
- Chocolate pumpkin cut out cookies – decorated with royal icing to create a fun mummy effect.
- Savoury pumpkin rosemary bread – a deliciously moist bread with a lot of structure and bite and a crisp and toasty crust. The bread has a mild pumpkin flavour with a hint of rosemary.
- Ghoulish breadsticks – one of my favourite Halloween snack ideas, how brilliant are these almond fingernails!
- Irish Halloween barmbrack – a sweet bread leavened with yeast, enriched with milk and butter, infused with cinnamon and nutmeg. Bake in traditional Halloween tokens for added suspense.
- Orange pumpkin face cookies – fun biscuits to give to trick or treaters.
- Halloween chocolate orange cake – stylish and delicious, ideal for Halloween dinner parties.
- Fruity caramel baked apples – good old baked apples with brandy or whisky cream for a tasty touch.
There are also some cool Halloween baking tools you can work with. I’m a big fan of Lékué products and they have two Halloween-themed silicone moulds: a 3D pumpkin form and Halloween themed skull, bat, pumpkin and ghost mini shapes.
I’ve baked Halloween cornbreads in these smaller moulds. Controversial, I know, but I love a savoury bake.